Shea Moisture Honey + Black seed Sugar wax



Grrr I am so sick of shaving? Are you too? If so, I would recommend waxing, but not conventional wax. Conventional wax is made with petroleum wax, which can cause skin to clog and is completely unsustainable. Instead, I urge you to try Shea Moisture's Honey & Black Seed Sugar Wax. At first I was having the hardest time using this, but after a few tries and variation of amounts of wax I got it. Like most waxes it hurts at first but the pain does go away after awhile. That being, the pain from waxing is well worth it, because it last longer than shaving so you do not have to do it that often. Making this wax last for an extremely long time is simple. You do not need to use a lot for it to work, actually it works better with very little wax, just make sure you spread it out over a long area of the body. Now, I have only tried this wax on my legs, and it works amazingly but trust me only use a little wax and buy extra wax strips. (After a few uses, wash + dry, wash + dry, wash + dry, they get useless)
UPDATE 12/31/12: Let the wax sit on your skin for a couple seconds (like 30) and then start the waxing process 
UPDATE 2/8/13: A lot of you guys are having a hard time using this product + here is another tip; MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING ON THE AREA YOU ARE WAXING i.e. lotion, oil, etc. they need to be absolutely dry!
**Shea Moisture Honey & Black Seed Sugar Wax is only available at select Target stores**  

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

29 comments :

  1. Black Wax a few tries and variation of amounts of wax I got it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get it + I happy I was able to help, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried using this wax and it doesn't work for me. Am I supposed to heat it up? I wish I knew what I was doing wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No you are not supposed to heat it up, how much wax are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive been sitting her for about an hour trying to open my thing of wax, i might just have to return it because i cant open the freaking thing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea how do you open it first of all???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I customarly use the saying righty-tighty lefty-lucy, + if that doesn't work try using rubbing alcohol at the base of the cap to loosen it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same issue! Soak it upside-down in hot water for a few seconds - worked for me!

      Delete
    2. that is great I glad I could help

      Delete
  8. ok so i just bought this product today. i don't know if i'm suppose to heat up this wax ? did any of u did it? n its so hard to open

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you don't heat it up and try finding someone really strong to open it, or apply rubbing alcohol to the base by turning it upside down and spraying it on the threads, or as a last resort slowly heat it up until the top is loosened. Once it is opened clean the threads with rubbing alcohol or a grease cutting soap to clean them so it won't stick anymore.

      Delete
  9. it took me 20mins to open too haha. ridiculous. im really worried about using it, the wax was so hard, how do you not heat it up? guess i'll find out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is solid like a rock I would slowly heat it up to room temperature or until it is not so solid.

      Delete
  10. I'm having a hard time trying to open it and I need to use it ASAP :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seem as if everyone I havig a HARD time trying to open the product!! This is funny because I was in Target yesterday and saw this product for the first time (& I like to smell everything before I buy it) ... LOL I could not get the darn thing open LOL ... I tried 2 diff jars without success ... So I put it back on the shelf and walked away ;*

    ReplyDelete
  12. it just isnt workoing, ive tried several times and the cloth just doesnt seem to stick to the wax...and when it does it only takes a out a few hairs...:(

    ReplyDelete
  13. DON'T HEAT IN THE MICROWAVE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. having same problem.. only takes off a few hairs. what am i doing wrong??

    ReplyDelete
  15. After applying cloth + wax to your skin rub it going with the hair a few times to warm it up + then try letting the cloth + wax sit on your skin for a few seconds (30-60), finally pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ok i will try that! thanks BNlove

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am having the same problem. It only takes out a few hairs. I'm starting to get very frustrated at this product

    ReplyDelete
  18. i got it to open by banging it pretty hard on each side on a hard surface! then it came right open (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just bought this product recently and it didn't work! The cloth only soaked up the sugar and left a sticky residue behind. I only applied a thin film of wax over the hair and nothing happened. Help?!?#
    (anyone know of a good diy on waxing strips? I don't want to continuously buy them)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not like the strips that came with the wax so I bought my own from Sally's Beauty Supply it is a huge roll and this works much better. I always mix the wax with a popsicle stick before I use it.

      Delete
  20. Is it normal that at room temperature my sugar wax is liquid-y? It's not like water, but it has a honey-like consistency.. Trying to figure out if that's the reason why it's totally not working for me at all. Please help!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely hate this product. Not very good at pulling hair and I don't usually have trouble at all. I'm tossing the rest in the trash and getting something more effective... Don't waste your money!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All of the pain and NONE of the hair removal. This product is absolutely worthless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you and @Hyfaa feel this way about the product but I am in way affiliated with Shea Moisture and if you feel that it is really that terrible you should contact them and they might reformulate the product.

      Delete