Clothe Your Neighbor as Yourself

Jobs for seamstresses. Seamstresses who were formerly victims of human trafficking. That is just one of the many causes Clothe Your Neighbor as Yourself funds. I have yet to come across a brand dedicated to such a plethora of different causes, something I can easily relate to. I often find myself having to painstakingly decide between different brands, each which supports a different cause dear to my heart; that however is not the case with CYNY. I also don’t have to decide between American made or helping a specific cause, since nearly everything they make is produced right here in the USA. They also have organic, American made shirts that also help formerly trafficked women, by paying the wages of the women who were formerly trafficked. I recently purchased one of their shirts, the floral tank. I was ecstatic when I received my tank. It’s ΓΌber cool and I adore the deman on it “MAKE LOVE A VERB”. Granted most of their shirts say this, but I knew I could wear the floral tank with just about anything: 3x1 moto jeans {or a black lambskin skirt from American Apparel} + a jacket with studded black loafers {or the coclico ilsa}; shorts in just about any color { I really liked them with black or neon pink} with TOMS, espadrilles {from Alice + Whittles}, avarcas {from Avarcas USA}, or huaraches {from IX Style}; tucked into a navy, tan, or salmon skirt paired with a blazer or cardi in it’s accompanying color + oxfords {like the  Oliver Oxford from Nisolo in scarlet} or d'orsay flats {Fortress of Inca pictured below}.
sorry for the poor picture quality :( but shoes are Inca + Brother Vellies, shorts + skirt are J.Crew {old}, jeans are Raliegh 

Side note: It was really hard to buy just one of their shirts because I also really liked the Make Love tee in white + gold, but I felt that the white floral tank would go with more clothes.

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments :

Post a Comment