New Series! The Thin Green Line

Every so often I {probably countless others} stumble upon numerous editions, SEA ones and not, of “Wear This, Not That." Sometimes, the creators of these edits sometimes hit it spot on, however I have seen too many edits where they fall short completely. Other times I can’t find edits with things that I am even looking for. I'm starting this series for these exact reasons, hoping that I will be able to fill that void that others have notice too. So, first is the battle of the d'Orsay Flats, featuring the Isabella{Fortress of Inca; No.1}  and the Nina {Vince; No.2}. These flats are very similar, in style and color {they also both come in black}; but they differ in price, quality, and ethicality. I actually tried the Nina in black on and I wasn't in love with it, but then I noticed was a bit of a difference in the style {in the heel}; which I liked in the Isabella’s’. The price difference is about $120, which could put toward various other things {more shoes, the new Legs album, a really good meal with friends, or a donation to your favorite charity}. If the price doesn't convince you to buy the Incas, the quality and ethicality will. When I tried on the Vince Nina's’, they were comfy and the quality was okay, definitely not worth the $295 price tag {the Isabella’s are $175}. It’s obvious that the soles of the Inca’s are thicker and I can attest they are sturdier than the Vince’s.  I didn't feel that if I got the Nina’s they would last me as long as the Isabella’s. I also don’t know the factory conditions in which the Nina’s were made. I do know they are made in Italy, and there has been a lot of news about garments made in Italy {which you can read here + here}. The gist of it is, garments {mainly designer} made in Italy are actually made by Chinese workers in sweatshops, but technically since they’re in Italy they can slap a label on that says made in Italy. This label sadly no longer can fully represent the quality that it used to carry. The Isabella’s however are made in Peru, by Peruvians who are paid a living wage, which is spectacular, because it is the best way to help lift people out of poverty and enhance lives. That means children get to go to school, bellies get filled, and smiles are made.


*note I am not claiming that the Nina’s are made in sweatshops in Italy, but rather pointing out a possibility.

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments :

Post a Comment